BOTOX Cosmetic: “The Lunchtime Procedure”
BOTOX injection time is quick; most visits only require about 10 minutes. You can schedule it during your lunch hour.
The process of aging and repeated contractions from frowning and squinting causes changes in the face, smile and even muscle movement. Skin is also affected by the elements of weather and lifestyle and sun damage plays a major role in the aging process. These processes create unwanted lines and creases in the skin.
By temporarily blocking the nerve impulses to the muscle, BOTOX injections will relax the muscles. That reduces muscle activity, temporarily smoothing out those unwanted lines.
Where can BOTOX help?
- Erase those pesky frown lines between your eyebrows with injections of BOTOX into the forehead; years will be removed off your appearance.
- To correct crow’s feet, injections are placed in the muscle around the eye causing a reduction in activity and lessening the appearance of the fine lines.
Precisely placed injections by a physician with medical expertise in facial anatomy like Dr. Gilbert will ensure full ability to smile normally and still show emotional expressions.
What to expect after being treated with BOTOX injections:
- Recovery is minimal and you can resume your day once treatment is finished.
- Noticeable results may been seen within 24-48 hours after being treated on frown lines, even the moderate to severe cases of frown lines. In general, most results are apparent by the 5th day.
- You will be able to wear sunscreen and makeup after your appointment.
- It is recommended to stay out of the sun for a few days, allowing the treated areas to heal.
- Results typically last 3-4 months and in some cases even up to 6 months, depending on area treated, physical characteristics and style of living.
- If you discontinue treatment, the treated areas will ultimately return to the way they were before treatment was started.
Call David H. Gilbert DDS, MS, MBA, FACS to find out if BOTOX is right for you!