Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Date of publication: 05/12/2020
Greetings and well wishes to all
As we start seeing patients again, you can expect we will screen all patients and those accompanying you to our practice. Our purpose is not to encumber you with inconvenience, but assure you of our stringent protocols to keep you and our staff safe at all times.
You should expect to be asked and see the following questions and information on your registration forms prior to arriving in our facility.
- Have you been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or,
- Do you have or been exposed to someone with
- a cough, shortness of breath
- unexplained fever (≥100.4º F) or chills
- muscle pain, headache
- sore throat
- new loss of taste or smell within the prior two weeks.
- Have you/they traveled in the past 14 days to any regions affected by COVID-19?
Note: For persons with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, we ask that you wait at least 10-14 days until after all symptoms have resolved before scheduling your appointment.>
People with COVID-19 who have ended home isolation can receive emergency dental care. This is decided using two strategies: a non-test-based strategy and a test-based-strategy:
- Non-test-based-strategy: At least 10-14 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Negative results of an FDA Emergency Use Authorized molecular assay for COVID-19 from at least two consecutive upper respiratory swab specimens collected ≥24 hours apart (total of two negative specimens).
- Persons with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 who have not had any symptoms: At least 10 days have passed since the date of the first positive COVID-19 viral test and have had no subsequent illness.
Our existing protocols remain:
- We kindly request that you complete your registration online prior to arriving.
- We kindly ask your driver to wait in the car if possible, to maximize social distancing.
- Since it has been quite warm lately, we will allow your driver (one person at any time) in our reception room.
- We have separate discharge waiting areas which allow us to comfortably accommodate those waiting on you.
- Minors may be accompanied by a single legal adult guardian.
- On entrance, you and your driver/guardian will have your temperature screened with a no-touch device.
- On entrance, you will be asked to use a hand-sanitizer and given a personal mask and gloves to wear during your visit with us.
Feel free to read our past updates to learn more about the infection-control infra-structure and technology in our facility.
We look forward to seeing you soon and providing you with the ultimate patient experience.
Dr. Gilbert & Team
Date of publication: 04/27/2020
Greetings and well wishes from our entire team
As we navigate our way through this health crisis, we are pleased to see the improving trends and knowledge base to safely care for patients.
At Inland Institute we are seeing patients in need.
As an AAAHC accredited surgical center, you can be assured that you are in a facility of the highest standards available to patients and
- are equipped and function as an out-patient hospital
- we have the PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) required to keep our staff and patients safe
- we have enhanced strict protocols that are specific to COVID-19 to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Our surgical facility room air is HEPA (high-efficiency particulate absorbing and high-efficiency particulate arrestance filters) filtered and UV treated.
You may expect a few protocols for your appointments:
- We kindly ask that you complete your registration online prior to arriving
- We kindly ask your driver to wait in the car if possible, to maximize social distancing
- Minors may be accompanied by a single legal adult guardian
- On entrance, you will be asked to use hand-sanitizer and given a personal mask and gloves to wear during your visit with us
We regret that you have had your appointments postponed but will do our best to accommodate you.
Please feel free to call us today to assist you with your appointment at the earliest convenience.
Phone: Inland Institute – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Phone Number 909-982-8888
Patient registration: https://www.omfsurgery.com/online-forms/patient-registration/
Dr. Gilbert & Team
Date of publication: 04/06/2020
Greetings and well wishes from Dr. Gilbert & Inland Institute.
We continue to be available to serve our patients and community.
During this unprecedented time, we have focused on addressing urgent needs as a priority. Dr. Gilbert has been treating emergent cases at the hospital and seeing urgent patients in our accredited facility.
While this is the most trying period, it is a time where we are thankful for our state-of-the-art practice facility. As you may be aware, our practice is an AAAHC accredited ambulatory surgery center that maintains the highest level of enhanced infection control protocols. Our facility is designed and equipped as “an out-patient hospital” and Center-of-Excellence for Oral, Facial and Cosmetic Surgery.
We are complying with active “Social Distancing”
We recognize that many of you are eager to schedule your much-needed treatment and most have been in wait for some time. Thank you for your patience.
You should call us if experiencing pain, swelling, or active bleeding. Some may have conditions that are not amenable to delay and are time-sensitive.
To accommodate all our patients, we will be doing our best to ensure you are seen expeditiously. You can rest assured that your care is our highest priority while maintaining our benchmark of consistent excellence.
We ask for your understanding as we work around the many prevailing issues at this time.
Best wishes for your health and wellness.
Dr. Gilbert & Team